• Action Tours 40957 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. Segway, zip line, tree rope climbing. www.actiontoursbigbear.com, 909-866-0390.
• Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain 800 Wildrose Lane, Big Bear Lake. Go-karts, snack bar, miniature golf, Alpine slide bobsleds. 909-866-4626, www.alpineslidebigbear.com.
• Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure Urban Adventure Quest smartphone-guided scavenger hunt in the Village. www.urbanadventurequest.com.
• Baldwin Lake Stables 46475 Pioneertown Road, Big Bear City. Horseback riding, petting zoo and pony rides, weather permitting. 909-585-6482, www.baldwinlakestables.com.
• Bear Mountain Golf Course 43092 Goldmine Drive, Big Bear Lake. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 909-585-8002, www.bigbearmountainresort.com.
• Bear Valley Farms 1601 E. Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear City. Boarding stables, petting zoo, trail rides, hay rides, goat yoga, star parties, event facility. 909-547-5424, www.bearvalleyfarms.com.
• Bear Valley Stage Lines Pedder Road at Pine Knot Avenue, Big Bear Lake. Carriage rides in the Village. Other types of rides available by reservation. 909-584-2277.
• Big Bear Alpine Zoo 43285 Goldmine Drive, Big Bear Lake. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Animal presentations at noon, weather permitting. 909-584-1299, www.bigbearzoo.org.
• Big Bear Discovery Center and Conservation Corps Museum Thursdays through Mondays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 40971 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin. Gold panning, birdhouse building, hiking. 909-382-2790, www.mountainsfoundation.org.
• Big Bear Valley Historical Museum Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and holiday Mondays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.,
• Eleanor Abbott Museum, 800-B Greenway Drive, Big Bear City. Blacksmith, gold panning, demonstrations, 909-585-8100, www.bigbearhistory.org.
• Big Bear Speedway 42825 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. Race cars, snack bar, games. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., 909-585-0075, www.bigbearspeedway.com.
• Gold Rush Mining Adventures 40016 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. Pan for gold, gemstones, crystals, fossils, pearls and more. Call for summer special event list. 909-866-5678, www.goldrushminingadventures.com.
• Helicopter Big Bear Big Bear Airport Terminal, 501 W. Valley Blvd., Big Bear City. Helicoptor tours of Big Bear Valley and beyond. 909-585-1200, www.helicopterbigbear.com.
• Rim Nordic Bike Park 35250 State Highway 18, Running Springs. Snack bar and bike shop. Mountain bike rentals. Races. Open daily. 909-867-2600, www.rimnordic.com.
• SkyPark at Santa’s Village 28949 State Highway 18, Skyforest. Mountain bike park, skating, hiking, fishing, camping, archery, ziplining, bungee, climbing and more. Open Thursdays through Sundays. 909-744-9373, www.skyparksantasvillage.com.
• Snow Summit Bike Park and Snow Summit Base Camp 880 Summit Blvd., Big Bear Lake. Bungee jump, zip line, Scenic Sky Chair, climbing wall at the base. Downhill trails, access to Forest Service trails, pump track, weekly events, rentals, mountain bike lessons, open daily, movie nights. 844-462-2327, www.bigbearmountainresort.com.
• Snow Valley Resort summer operations 35100 State Highway 18, Running Springs. Lift-serviced mountain bike park, scenic view chair, hiking, mountain adventure center. 909-867-2751, www.snow-valley.com.
On the lake
• Big Bear Marina 500 Paine Court, Big Bear Lake. Boat rentals, water bikes, Fish Big Bear Charter Service, Big Bear Queen boat tours. 909-866-3218, www.bigbearmarina.com.
• Carol Morrison Public Launch Ramp/East Ramp 41911 North Shore Drive, Big Bear Lake. Open daily 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for nonmotorized launches only. 909-866-5200, www.bbmwd.com.
•Duane Boyer Public Launch Ramp/West Ramp 38925 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin, 2 miles east of the Big Bear Dam. Open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 909-866-2917, www.bbmwd.com.
• Captain John’s Fawn Harbor & Marina 39369 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin. Eco-boat tours, boat rentals, stand-up paddleboard and kayak rentals, charter fishing, Tarzan boat, disc golf course. 909-866-6478, www.fawnharbor.com.
• Holloway’s Marina 398 Edgemoor Road, Big Bear Lake. Pirate Ship cruises, Big Bear Charter Fishing, boat rentals. 909-866-5706, www.bigbearhollowaysmarina.com.
• North Shore Landing 38573 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin. Personal watercraft rentals, wakeboard rentals, waterskiing, tubing, speed boats. 909-878-4386, www.bigbearboating.com.
• Pine Knot Marina 439 Pine Knot Ave., Big Bear Lake. Cantrell Fishing Guide Service (909-585-4017); boat rentals; parasailing; Miss Liberty tours; dock club; 909-478-2500, 909-866-8129 (Miss Liberty tickets), 909-478-4377 (parasail and Jet Ski rentals), www.pineknotmarina.com.
• Pleasure Point Marina, LLC 603 Landlock Landing, Big Bear Lake. Pontoon boat rentals, paddleboards, weigh-in station, private slips. 909-866-2455, www.pleasurepointmarina.net.
Parks and picnic areas
• Aspen Glen Picnic Area Mill Creek Road, Big Bear Lake. Open sunrise to sunset year-round. Picnic tables, restrooms, barbecue grills, access to trails. Adventure Pass is required for parking. 909-382-2790, www.fs.usda.gov/sbnf.
• BMX and Skate Park 40946 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake in front of Community Church Big Bear. www.bigbearparks.com.
• Boulder Bay Park 39148 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. Open sunrise to sunset, fishing pier, picnic tables, restrooms, barbecue grills. www.citybigbearlake.com.
• Dana Point Park
39369 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin. Six-acre facility with restrooms, picnic tables, lake access, parking. www.bigbearparks.com.
• Erwin Lake Park 1140 Hatchery Drive, Big Bear City. Play lot, volleyball court, walking path, picnic tables, barbecue. 909-866-9700, www.bigbearparks.com.
• Fawn Park 39226 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin. 9/11 Memorial, exercise equipment, playground, horseshoe pit. In the heart of Fawnskin, next to the Moose Lodge.
• Grout Bay Picnic Area North Shore Drive, a quarter-mile west of Fawnskin. Adventure Pass is required for parking. Drinking water, picnic tables, vault restrooms. 909-382-2790, www.fs.usda.gov/sbnf.
• Juniper Point Picnic Area North Shore Drive, across from the Big Bear Ranger Station. Adventure Pass is required for parking. Lake access, picnic tables, toilets. No overnight camping, 909-382-2700, www.fs.usda.gov/sbnf.
• Meadow Park and Ski Beach 41220 Park Ave., Big Bear Lake. Tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, horseshoes, ball fields, fishing pier, restrooms, playground and picnic tables. 909-866-9700, www.bigbearparks.com.
• Meadows Edge Picnic Area North Shore Lane at North Shore Drive. Adventure Pass is required for parking. Drinking water, lake access, flush toilets, picnic tables. Open sunrise to sunset.
• Miller Park 1178 Chickasaw Lane, Fawnskin. Playground, basketball court, picnic tables, community room. 909-866-9700, www.bigbearparks.com.
• Rotary Pine Knot Park Big Bear Boulevard at Pine Knot Avenue, Big Bear Lake. Picnic tables, restrooms, benches, playground, lake view and access. Parking available between the post office and Marina Resort. www.citybigbearlake.com.
• Stanfield Marsh Wildlife and Waterfowl Preserve Corner of Big Bear Boulevard and Stanfield Cutoff. Displays, boardwalk, fishing areas. No swimming or boating. 909-866-5796, www.bbmwd.com.
• Sugarloaf Park 44828 Baldwin Lane, Big Bear City. Softball, skate park, tennis, basketball, playground, running trail, picnic tables. 909-866-9700, www.bigbearparks.com.
• Veterans Park 500 Knickerbocker Road, Big Bear Lake. Grassy area, lake access, veterans memorial wall, benches, gazebo, access to Knickerbocker bike path. 909-866-9700, www.bigbearparks.com.
• Big Bear Discovery Center 40971 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin. Thursday through Monday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 909-382-2790, www.mountainsfoundation.org.
• Big Bear Visitors Center 630 Bartlett Road, Big Bear Lake. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. 909-866-7000, 800-424-4232, www.bigbear.com.
• Childrens Forest 32665 State Route 18, Running Springs. Open Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Labor Day. 909-867-5996, www.mountainsfoundation.org.