Evenings at the Big Bear Discovery Center Amphitheater are where its happening this summer. Join the Discovery Center for an educational and entertaining evening program. Programs range from campfires and sing-alongs to informational ranger talks. Evening programs are sponsored by California Land Management. Programs are Fridays and Saturdays at 7 p.m. unless otherwise indicated.
Suggested donation is $5.For more information, call the Discovery Center at 909-382-2790 or visit www.mountainsfoundation.org.
• June 7, 7 p.m.
• June 8, 8 p.m., join Steven Johnson for an astronomy talk about the planet Mars. The talk is followed by telescope viewing.
• June 14, 7 p.m.
• June 15, 7 p.m.
• June 21, 7 p.m.
• June 28, 7 p.m., join naturalist and volunteer David Johnstone as he talks about the history of bears in the San Bernardino National Forest, including the grizzlies that once roamed the Valley.
• June 29, 8 p.m., join the Big Bear Valley Astronomical Society for an informative program about the San Bernardino National Forest night sky.
• July 5, 7 p.m.
• July 12, 7 p.m.
• July 13, 8 p.m., the planet Jupiter with Steven Johnson.
• July 19, 8 p.m., the trails of Big Bear with author Jim Hickman.
• July 26, 7 p.m., mountain lions and bobcats with David Johnstone.
• July 27, 8 p.m., with the Big Bear Valley Astronomical Society.
• Aug. 2, 7 p.m.
• Aug. 9, 7 p.m.
• Aug. 10, 8 p.m., the moon with Steven Johnson.
• Aug. 16, 8 p.m., Big Bear’s trails with author Jim Hickman.
• Aug. 23, 7 p.m., all about bears with naturalist David Johnstone.
• Aug. 24, 7 p.m., Big Bear history with Big Bear museum curator Jonni Vindiola.
• Aug. 30, 8 p.m., with the Big Bear Valley Astronomical Society.
The Big Bear Discovery Center and Amphitheater, and the Adventure Outpost are at 40971 North Shore Drive, Fawnskin.
Visit www.mountainsfoundation.org or call 909-382-2790 for a calendar of summer events and educational programs sponsored by the Southern California Mountains Foundation.