Who will be the Man About Town in 2013? The annual fundraiser sponsored by Soroptimist International of Big Bear Valley is off and running. The campaign pits three candidates against each other to see who can garner the most votes, which come in the form of dollars. Proceeds go to the Soroptimist ongoing campaign to stop teen violence.
This year’s candidates are Big Bear Fire Chief Jeff Willis, Bear Valley Unified Superintendent of Schools Kurt Madden and Le Dolce Vita Tasting Room owner Bryan Bianchi.
During the next several weeks the candidates hit the campaign trail so to speak with fundraisers centered around fun. The man with the most dollars at the end of the campaign May 19 is crowned the winner.
Mark your calendar and plan to attend one or more of the following events:
• March 30: Fill to Boot to Stop Teen Violence, Vons parking lot. Fill the firefighters’ boots with donations in support of Team Willis. All day.
• April 9, Team Madden Wine and Fashion Show, Wolf Creek Wine Room, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• April 12, Team Willis Feel the Burn, at Chad’s Place, 7 p.m.
• April 16, Team Bianchi’s $1 Tacos at Azteca Grill, noon to 9 p.m.
• April 20, Team Willis Pancake Breakfast Firefighter Style, 8 to 11 a.m. or until food runs out, Big Bear City Fire Station.
• April 20, Team Bianchi’s Taste of Big Bear at Northwoods, 6 p.m.
• April 24, Team Madden, Madden Margaritaville at Hacienda Grill, 6 to 9 p.m.
• April 27, Team Willis Car Wash, Big Bear City Fire Station, 8:30 a.m.
• April 27, Team Bianchi, Beer and Wine Pub Crawl, various locations in the Village, 2 to 6 p.m.
• May 1, Team Bianchi, Pizza Night, Village Pizza, 4 to 8 p.m.
• May 4, Team Willis, Firehouse Rocks, Bear Mountain, 2 p.m.
• May 10, Team Bianchi, M & M & M, the Phillip’s home.
• May 11, Team Madden, Obstacles on the Bear 5K Experience, Bear Mountain, time to be determined.
• May 19, Grand Finale and 20-Year Celebration, Northwoods, 5 to 9 p.m.
For information and tickets for Team Madden events, email Heather Obernolte at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristine Yoshida at email@example.com.
For information or tickets for Team Bianchi events, email Yvonne Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karon Michels at email@example.com.
For information or tickets for Team Willis events, email Judi Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tiffany Swantek at email@example.com.