TCB IS BACK
So it’s been awhile since the Taking Care of Business column has made its presence known on the pages of the Big Bear Grizzly. But it’s back and ready to share information about new businesses, Big Bear business trends and business employee news.
Share news of a promotion or award for your business or employee. Let people know about your new business venture.
If you have business information you wish to share with Big Bear Grizzly readers in
this column, email Kathy Portie at
email@example.com. Deadline is
Friday at noon.
Big Bear Business tidbits
Driving around the Valley one can’t help but notice the changes on the business front. Some have closed their doors, new businesses have popped up. Here are just a few that the Grizzly has noticed.
• Big Store Bargains specializes in liquidated, customer returns, shelf pulls from big stores, and offer the items to the community at discounts. The store is located next to Mountain Trophy at 41659 Big Bear Blvd., Suite 6, Big Bear Lake. 909-375-0044,
• Brown’s Boots recently opened in the Stater Bros. Shopping Center, 42173 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. 909-838-3684.
• Little Green House Florist has a new owner. Stop by and say hello, 41456 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. 800-909-5352.
• Big Bear’s two supermarkets, Vons and Stater Bros., have done a bit of remodeling and reorganizing of their shelves. Stater Bros. is still working on its extensive remodel while Vons looks to be about finished with new flooring and reorganizing the produce and deli sections.
• Black Diamond Tavern closed its doors and the business is for sale, according to the big sign in front of the building.
• Big Bear Outfitters opened its doors recently in the Village shopping district in Big Bear Lake with clothing and souvenirs. The store is at 601 Pine Knot Ave., Big Bear Lake.
• Pickle’s Pie Shop is setting up shop to sell sweet and savory pies in the former Madlon’s Restaurant building in Big Bear City,
829 W. Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear City. No word yet on when the shop will open its doors.
• Forever Tile & Stone is open in Big Bear Lake on 42683 Moonridge Road. Give them a call at 909-547-6980 or visit
• Word is that Masala Craft, which closed because the building where it was located in the Village was torn down and is being rebuilt, will be back in Big Bear in the near future. The restaurant is tentatively scheduled to reopen at the end of September.
• All Season EBikes rents electric bikes and scooters. The shop is located in the Sandy’s center at 40947 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake and is open Saturdays and Sundays.
Stay tuned for more information on these and other businesses in Big Bear Valley.
LIVE MUSIC IN THE SUMMER
Looking for a place where you can tap your toes or dance the night away? Check out live music every weekend at a variety of Big Bear restaurants and enterainment venues. Here are just a few of them we’ve found:
• Oakside Restaurant & Bar, 40701 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake. 909-866-5555.
• 572 Social Kitchen & Lounge,
572 Pine Knot Ave., Big Bear Lake.
• Kallan’s Bar and Grill, 44761 Barton Lane, Sugarloaf. 909-547-6800.
• Nottinghams Restaurant & Tavern,
40797 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake.
• Stillwells Restaurant at the Lodge at Big Bear Lake, 40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake. 800-866-3121.
• The Pines Tavern on the Lake, 350 Alden Road, Big Bear Lake. 909-866-5400.
• The Bone Yard Bar & Grill, 560 Pine Knot Ave., Big Bear Lake. 909-878-0401.
• The Other Room at No Name, 1116 W. Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear City. 909-584-4840.
• The Cave, 40789 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake. 909-878-0204.
• Wyatt’s Grill & Saloon, Convention Center at Big Bear Lake, 42900 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. 909-585-3000.
Do you know of any other restaurants or pubs that feature live music on the weekends in Big Bear? Share with us. Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
get with the planning
Here’s the deal, the City Council of the city of Big Bear Lake is looking for someone to fill a vacancy on the Big Bear Lake Planning Commission. You have to be a full-time resident of Big Bear Lake and a registered voter.
What is important about the Planning Commission when it comes to business? The commission’s responsibility includes decisions related to land use issues including the general plan, zoning, development, environmental ordinances and more. These are decisions that could affect business.
Applications are available at the city clerk’s office, 39707 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake or online at www.citybigbearlake.com. Don’t wait. The application deadline Friday, July 5, at 5 p.m.